"Why do you guys use random initiative? Why not just roll dice or draw cards and let everyone go in order?"
A fair question, and one with a very simple answer. But first, for those of you who are not that familiar with our game, here's an explanation of how initiative works in Gutshot:
- Each player creates a character and fills out a Character Sheet. Every character must have a name (sorry, but "Cowboy #1 in yellow shirt" is not a name)
- Each player writes the character's name on three slips of paper
- All the slips are placed into a hat or other suitable container (I actually had to stop using my cowboy hat because name slips kept getting caught under the rim -- nowadays I use the old gamer standby: the Crown Royal bag)
- One at a time, a name is pulled from the hat/bag: the character named then takes his action (usually movement and shooting at someone)
- This goes on, one at a time, until the hat/bag is empty. When that happens it is the End of the Turn.
- Refill the hat/bag with the names of surviving characters and keep on repeating until the end of the game.
|Every Gamer's Friend|